Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Holy crap!

SK says he is working on his new solo album and in today's blog he mentioned it will have Mellotron and radiotronics...

Are you fucking kidding me?

I can't tell you how big of a fan I am of the Mellotron. I would kill to have one! Well - not actually kill since I'm the nonviolent type, but I really would love to have one.

I know they started making newer ones but they are still so damn expensive there's no way I would ever really get one...

Well - all I can say is I can't wait to hear this album.

I'm a big fan of SK's solo work. I know it's hit and miss for some. I always get a kick out of seeing other people comment (on SKs' blog, on Seance, or on Hotel Womb) about how they love something I really don't like as much or how they hate something I love. I guess it just goes to show how diverse The Church loving crowd is.

Of course, when it comes to The Church (and solo work) the degrees of love and hate are certainly skewed. Other than a few tracks here and there, the worst Church and solo output is still better than just about anything. There are still very very few songs on any of their releases I even infrequently skip.

Dabble is a good example. Lots of people say it's weaker than his other stuff, but I absolutely love it. Maybe it's the live drums but I think those songs are fantastic! I really love that album!

(In my panic of talking to SK at Logan I never even thought about telling him how much I enjoyed Dabble) :-)

Oh well. I'm sure on Church time SK's solo album will probably come out next spring or summer... but I'll still be loading up my Karmic Hit shopping cart whenever it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

eek said...

Yeah I'm really excited about a new SK solo album. And what he's doing with Martin Kennedy should be great too.

I like Steve's solo work a lot too. I probably listen to Earthed the least because I have to be in the mood to listen to all instrumental albums....and because most of the pieces on Earthed seem to me to be more fragments of songs than full songs, and sometimes I find that disconcerting to listen to. I do love the bits from the Earthed book he read on the re-issued Earthed cd though. They are great. I would be over the moon if he would offer a cd worth of him reading selected blog entries. :-)

Yeah I always get a kick out of seeing what songs, and even whole albums, other fans like or dislike. I have to admit I will often skip songs PK sings, and a bit less often skip songs MWP sings (although I do really like She'll Come Back To You Tomorrow). I still always a bit shocked when other fans really hate the songs I love. How anyone can hate such obviously great songs is beyond me. ;-)