Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Sorry, atmosphere

Man, I don't know how people can keep up with posting every day!

I finally had to turn on the air conditioner. If I didn't I probably would have not been able to sleep the other night. It wasn't necessarily too warm, but it was just too damn humid. I hate to think I'm soft. I mean - people lived for years without air conditioning.

Now, I live in an old house. There is an attic fan still in place, but all of the venting, etc. has long since been removed. I'm sure if it was still operational I could probably survive without air conditioning, but I guess I won't really ever know.

Of course, most people are so ridiculous with their AC. It's no wonder the atmosphere is slowly disintegrating. I'm the kind of person who keeps the thermostat set around 78-80 in the summer and around 60-62 in the winter. I get so frustrated at places (especially work) where they keep it around 65 in the summer. I just about freeze my ass off. Plus it makes the air so dry it's horrible for your skin and lungs. There is nothing worse than having to wear a long-sleeved shirt to work in the summer when it's close to 100 degrees outside just because they keep the air so freaking cold inside. I always wonder just how much money companies could save if they would just set the thermostat up a few degrees.

Of course, all of the loser suburbanites who keep their cookie-cutter 3000+ square foot houses at 65 degrees in the summer would probably pitch a fit about it being too hot, etc.

Oh well, I'm sure they enjoy their $500 electricity bills.

It's the same in the winter. I have so many nice wool sweaters but you can never wear them because anytime you are inside (even when it's 2o degrees outside) it's too damn hot since they set the thermostat at 75-78 degrees or whatever.

No comments: